- First Place Winners and Tamr Prize: Pogo. Correlating Social Media with Consumer Behavior. Github.
- Runner-up Team: BigPhotos. Suggesting best photos for profiles. Presentation.
- Runner-up Team: Group.io. Collaborative recommendation system. Presentation.
- Indico API Award and Tamr Prize: Insomnia. Tracking opinion changes about Ukraine over time. Github. Presentation.
- GlucoPredict. A predictive modeling engine for Apple’s clinical trial API. Presentation.
To collaborate on ideas the teams used our hackpad at https://mitdatahackathon.hackpad.com/.
Previously Proposed Ideas
|Idea Description||Data Sets to Use||Submitter|
|Ranker: A method for ranking restaurants and identifying absolute rankings from Yelp and Twitter data||Yelp, Twitter||Val Lee, MIT|
|Identifying adverse MH events: Find patterns in Social Evolution Dataset to help predict warning signs for adverse mental health events to preemptively direct support resources.||MIT Human Dynamics Lab||Val Lee, MIT|
|Monitor opinion around a product, brand or a public figure||Organizing Committee|
|Create lists of must-read books on a specific topic based on book reviews||The Guardian, NY Times||Organizing Committee|
|Create profiles of your sales targets based on their mentions in the media||Twitter, NY Times, The Guardian||Organizing Committee|
|Recommend content based on user’s preferences||Twitter, NY Times, The Guardian||Organizing Committee|
|Suggest a product to a user based on the user’s preferences||Best Buy, Yelp||Organizing Committee|
|Predict stock movements based on company mentions in the news||Twitter, NY Times, The Guardian, historical stock data||Organizing Committee|
|Prevent harassment on Twitter||Organizing Committee|